How To Change Your Celica's Oil
November 14, 2000 - vnomura
How to change your own oil in your Celica
Toyota Oil Filter
5w30 is recommended
1. Get your filter, oil, and gasket together.
2. Remove bottom plastic panel from below the engine. It's the one on the passenger side.
3. Place oil pan (large enough to collect all the used oil) under the drain plug. Remove plug and drain oil.
4. Remove and replace drain hole gasket with new one and reinstall drain plug.
5. Remove and replace Oil Filter
. Remember not to tighten too much and to add a film of oil to the rubber gasket on the bottom of the filter.
6. Add about 4.5 liters (GTS model, less for GT) of oil from the top of the engine. Use 5w30 type oil.
7. Run your engine for about 30 seconds and wait 2 minutes. Check the oil dipstick to see if you have enough oil. Don't over fill!
8. Replace plastic panel from bottom of engine.
You are done!