Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

#208605 Jun 26, 12:51pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
For those who know what i'm talkin about WELCOME!!!

This IS where you need to be if you've made it from celica.net! We will start it right up as if nothin happened.

Continue to discuss and again any questions you know what to do...since you've made it this far!

#208606 Jun 26, 1:04pm
1990 Toyota Celica, Starlet
FYI I am here guys, just saw the topic that was addressed to me that was locked. Lol. Well I've got nothing right now, just waiting for word on the price to build the lambo hinges. Meanwhile I am working on a drive-by-wire system for the Starlet as well as finishing up the anti-lag system. Should be interesting!

BTW mods should loosen up here...yeesh. Haha

Conrad Andres
1990 Toyota Celica Alltrac (Daily driver
1982 Toyota Starlet (Turbocharged race car)

1990 Toyota Celica
1990 Toyota Celica
im here guys ... i'll be posting on both forums until C.net can no longer offer me useful information in the fashion i am custom to.

1992 Toyota Celica
1992 Toyota Celica
I'm here too. Not that i had much to do with this project. I'm still on C.net because there is more information there for sure. I hope that site doesn't go down the tubes because I'll need it if I ever attempt a 3S-GTE swap.

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
hey guys i'm here

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
i would be careful conrad, they might lock this topic too...;)

1992 Toyota Celica GT
1992 Toyota Celica GT
Im Here Too, Myabe a havent post a lot but ive been following this along wink.

1992 Toyota Celica ST
1992 Toyota Celica ST
So what is the plan as of now with this? I have been following along just havnt posted. I would like to see this done. Like conrad I think it would be cool but not my style.

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
well i think we're just waiting for the guy who went to DI to get a price to make the hinges...

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by Conrad_Turbo
FYI I am here guys, just saw the topic that was addressed to me that was locked. Lol.!

BTW mods should loosen up here...yeesh. Haha

Welcome Conrad and all you new peeps wave By the way I would be Your moderator in here the name is Ron.

"They don't make no seatbelt for the mind. So I can't buckle up for this ride!"

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
righty-OH, i just got out of my med study for 2 days, and will be recieving a nice check soon w00t!!!!

So i'm catchin up on this and so far we're waiting for Magik to get back to us on what the dude from DI's been doin and whatnot. When he does and if it got done properly we'll be having Whodi send the money (agian if more than $800 others will volunteer to chip in) and get Magik to buy the FIRST set of real 5thgen hinges. Once he's got'm off to Conrad.

Again just waiting to hear back from Magik on the DI half of this deal.

Good to see a few here!!

#208616 Jun 29, 5:27pm
1993 Toyota Celica GT
1993 Toyota Celica GT
hey im here too, also i didnt say much, but have been following along too, as i am interested in getting a set of these.

1991 Toyota Celica GTS
1991 Toyota Celica GTS
don't forget about me smile

1990 Toyota Celica GT
1990 Toyota Celica GT
I'm just wondering if the guys over at DI know that conrad is going to reverse engineer their hinges...

1992 Toyota Celica GT
1992 Toyota Celica GT
Yet another silent member moved over from c.net. This is great because not only do i want the hinges for my car buy my friends and i were about to spend a lot of money on hinges for our show truck. An 86' ranger that is bagged, shaved, and body dropped.

I don't think it really matters, I do that type of work all the time at my job. It happens a lot in the manufacturing industry, a lot more than you'd think.

Nice to meet you Ron, I will be making more of a presence on this board in time.

Conrad Andres

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
Hi all, im on here too now.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
sup fuckas, this'l be my frst drunk post! I'm with Foreman and Farva, and we're gettin'r done!!

So i just wanted to check in about this project and make sure that magik didn't hit us up for the major update. I can't wait till he does cause i wanna be 'Vertivcal' soooo bad.

Neways i'munna continue this drinking binge Foreman, Farva, and me have goin till the 4th is up and over.

Talk to you guy later and hope that this gets there.

#208623 Jul 2, 11:01pm
1990 Toyota Celica ST
1990 Toyota Celica ST
I'm here too guys.
Happy to help with anything 5th gen related!

1993 Toyota Celica ST
1993 Toyota Celica ST
here! just posting to say sup. hope to be a good part of this gen forum. wave

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
so when is the word from magik coming in?

1990 Toyota Celica ST
1990 Toyota Celica ST
Does Magik know he is supposed to be posting it here?

Your thinking privileges have been revoked!
I am now your thought process.
^Chaos. `90 ST.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hey hey, i just sent Magik an IM at c.net about headin over and whatnot. He should be here soon to give us an update.

#208628 Jul 4, 11:54pm
1992 Toyota Celica GT
1992 Toyota Celica GT
didnt he say that he ws going on vacation and leaving his car at the place to get the hinges built?

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
I hope Magik hasn't "Disappeared", anyway I been yappin with Twisted Images about there kit. Harry ( The one who built it) said he spent about 3 monthes ironing out the bugs so the kit would work properly. Now keep in mind that they started from scratch. He dropped the GB offer to C.net cause everyone that contacted him just kept asking for the files. As I stated on C.net, my Car club is forking out the money for my verts, so I'm not really losing anything. TI and our pres have talked and come to an agreement on a price for a kit. I should be on its way to my house this week. Now because I'm not putting the money out, and our club mech is doing the work to get it ready in time for a few upcoming shows, I can't send it to Conrad, But if there is anyway I can help you all when I get it, I'll be more than happy.
Conrad, if you need me to take pics it, measurement, etc let me know. I can hold the guys off for a little while, but if I stall to long when I get it the pres will start making calls to TI asking where the F*** its at.

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
when was magik supposed to get back from his vacation? I thought he said after 2 weeks, but it's been like 3.

1992 Toyota Celica
1992 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by Tommy91GT
I hope Magik hasn't "Disappeared", anyway I been yappin with Twisted Images about there kit. Harry ( The one who built it) said he spent about 3 monthes ironing out the bugs so the kit would work properly. Now keep in mind that they started from scratch. He dropped the GB offer to C.net cause everyone that contacted him just kept asking for the files. As I stated on C.net, my Car club is forking out the money for my verts, so I'm not really losing anything. TI and our pres have talked and come to an agreement on a price for a kit. I should be on its way to my house this week. Now because I'm not putting the money out, and our club mech is doing the work to get it ready in time for a few upcoming shows, I can't send it to Conrad, But if there is anyway I can help you all when I get it, I'll be more than happy.
Conrad, if you need me to take pics it, measurement, etc let me know. I can hold the guys off for a little while, but if I stall to long when I get it the pres will start making calls to TI asking where the F*** its at.

This sounds promising to me. Couldn't a few pictures along with maybe a traced outline of the hinge give Conrad enough to make the files? I guess only Conrad will know for sure but I'm stoked. My door is off my car right now so I can take pics of it and measurements if that will help any.

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
dude conrad said himself from posts on c.net that he wouldn't use anyone else's measurements but his own because he doesn't want to make a set of hinges and them to be messed up because of calculations on false data. A lot of people have said they would take pictures of the door off their car... it would be useful to a lot of us but conrad probably knows how it looks already. Also, I asked conrad once if he would could make the set of hinges from scratch but he'd first need a 5th gen donor car and the time to do that. So yeah... read up smile

1990 Toyota Celica
1990 Toyota Celica
guys just checking in ive been puttin in 15 hour days at work lately so haven't had a lot of time to read up. Magik has my e-mail and phone number but hasn't gotten to me yet hopefully we get this under control soon or at least an update he did mention something about a vacation so hopefully he is back soon if that is the case. Anyway just wanted to check up i just went out for a ride on my friends Honda VFR and i am buying a bike soon probably a little kawasaki zx6 but i don't want to spend the money until i get magik whatever cash he needs first ...

Originally Posted by bloodredgt
dude conrad said himself from posts on c.net that he wouldn't use anyone else's measurements but his own because he doesn't want to make a set of hinges and them to be messed up because of calculations on false data. A lot of people have said they would take pictures of the door off their car... it would be useful to a lot of us but conrad probably knows how it looks already. Also, I asked conrad once if he would could make the set of hinges from scratch but he'd first need a 5th gen donor car and the time to do that. So yeah... read up smile

Bingo. I'd like to see pics of it installed on a 5th gen and pictures of the hinge when it is functioning...that would help for visualization. But that's all I would use the photos for just to help visualize. I don't trust other people's measurements...as at my job I basically compare my results to other companies (our suppliers) and I find mistakes ALL the time. This is coming from other Quality Assurance Engineers who do this day in and day out. Haha.

So sure if you want to take some general photos of the hinge setup that would be great, otherwise anything else would be pretty useless.

Conrad Andres

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
hey hey here's Magiks PM to me after i got to him!

sup man, i cant get over ti ecelica. i registered and never got a conformation
e-mail so i dont have an account, newayws , i have heard nothing from dayton
imports, all i know is that they are extremely busy, but ill tru to make an
appointment ..thanks pz
garell

I hit him up with what to do, so he should be gettin in here.

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
so he didn't have his car at DI the whole time??????? angry

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!! cry

1990 Toyota Celica GT
1990 Toyota Celica GT
That sucks, I thought the whole time he was on vacation he had left his celica in the shop getting measured. Damn were probably looking at november/december if this thing does come through.

1990 Toyota Celica
1990 Toyota Celica
wave

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
november/december would be a miracle. I think september would be better thumbsup

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
here the dilly yo, from magik:

grr. i cant get on e.celica, looked all in my mailbox for a conformation letter,
never got it. Ne ways tell the guys i did leave me car there while i was on
vaction. and they didnt have time to work on it, because its not making them
money . Thats why i am going to schedule an appointment

soo thats bout it. It'll get there, patience is a virtue!

#208641 Jul 10, 10:52pm
1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
oh man... i hope this "patience" factor pays off man. Seriously. I took a girl out on a nice date today after coming back from Mexico (don't ask, LONG STORY) and she said my car was "Cute" grin

That made my day. I just tried to imagine my car with an all-trac hood, lowering springs, lambo doors, and nice tinting all around. Would look killer and she would say it was "Hot" instead of "Cute." But for now, "Cute" sounds good enough for me.

I'm guessing the guys at DI probably know what we're gonna do with their hinges... That's why they would take their sweet time and make magik get another appointment. Plus they don't know how much it's gonna cost to make a set of hinges so they're probably skeptical about making some and then saying it's 1G+ dollars. I hope it's just $800 so Whodie could take care of it in one swoop (You Kick Ass Man!). After the hinges get made this will take off and it'll be smoothe sailing. Can't wait!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
i highly doubt that DI has any clue as to what we have planned for the first set of hinges. There gonna, well for a lack of a better term; get 0wned by Conrad once he gets the hinges. So its gonna be fun!

#208643 Jul 12, 4:05pm
1990 Toyota Celica GT
1990 Toyota Celica GT
roflHa your car is cute. You know girls also say love bugs are cute too. LOL I don't think a girl ever told me that about my car. They usually is its cool or nice.

1993 Toyota Celica ST
1993 Toyota Celica ST
Originally Posted by GT4SOM
roflHa your car is cute. You know girls also say love bugs are cute too. LOL I don't think a girl ever told me that about my car. They usually is its cool or nice.

My car has often been termed "sexy"

And...it's beat up. lol.
The front passenger fender is scraped up on the corner, dented in (the marker there is duct taped on, courtesy of the ex-gf who managed to PUSH the car into the pole by the gas pumps when she ran out of gas)
The hood is dented on the front, right by the headlight -- from a baseball bat. (also missing about 7 inches of the lip on the hood there)
Driver side door has been keyed, a small dent just above the trim.
Spoiler is chipped twice -- both right where it is split from the center piece to the passenger side piece -- from the previously mentioned baseball bat.
Back of the trunk lid is dented, from a truck, which also caused crackage down to the license plate.
Clearcoat on the roof has been peeling away.

Yet still -- it has been, on more than one occasion...considered "Sexy"
hehe.
Though I plan on fixing all this, doing some personal mods that I have yet to see on another 5th gen, and swapping a 3SGTE into it -- all when I'm no longer poor.../then/ we'll see about how sexy it is =D

#208645 Jul 13, 12:49am
Originally Posted by nvusgt
i highly doubt that DI has any clue as to what we have planned for the first set of hinges. There gonna, well for a lack of a better term; get 0wned by Conrad once he gets the hinges. So its gonna be fun!

Haha I can own them on my new CMM (machine that I am using to reverse engineer parts) that I am going to be getting at work. This is what it looks like: http://www.sheffieldmeasurement.com/cordaxe.shtml

BTW I will be going down to Dayton, Ohio again for work in a few months (for training on the new CMM) so I can meet some people in person and see how well the hinges work on the car.

Conrad Andres

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
gg

this is looking good... just gotta get DI to make the hinges for magik and we're set for take off

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
sup all, latest news from magik(icE0677):

icE0677: hey
DaytonImports: hey
icE0677: when you think you will have time to get me fitted for the lambo doors for the celica
DaytonImports: hoping next week
icE0677: ok
icE0677: still have my number ?
DaytonImports: 2666447
icE0677: ya
icE0677: coo

so its lookin promising!

#208648 Jul 17, 6:42pm
1990 Toyota Celica
1990 Toyota Celica
just wanted to let everyone know im still here just can't keep up with the posts as much now that they have me on 7 day weeks 80 hours a week ... lets keep this thing going i've been trying to shave my door handles for a while now maybe i'll pull an all nighter tonight who knows ... damn work always getting in the way ...

1990 Toyota Celica GT
1990 Toyota Celica GT
any updates??

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
dude i'm pretty nervous that magik isn't gonna get a spot for an appointment... i hope he does. After the hit and run, my passenger door makes a farting noise everytime i open it because it's rubbing somewhere. I think verts would get rid of that sound grin

I'm just waiting for the hinges to come to my door and I can begin work on them. Till then I am going to keep working on my countless personal projects.

Conrad Andres

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
well hadn't heard anything from magik yet, he hasn't sent me a pm sooooo.

i'll hit'm up for an update.

#208653 Aug 2, 12:04pm
1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
Well, I got my hinges from Twisted images on Saturday. Dropped them off to get them sprayed today. Should have them on by the end of the week. The guys at TI are pretty cool. Once I get them back I'll take some pics and post them.

1990 Toyota Celica GT
1990 Toyota Celica GT
Tommy so are you the guy that will be sending them to conrad or wuts up?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3