Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#218259 Jul 7, 10:53am
this happened a while ago but i thoguth i would post it anyway, on my way back from Myrtle Beach, SC we stopped at Dale Earnhardt Inc. in Mooresville, NC. DEI was kinda disapointing because none of the garages were open to the public like almost everything else, but what was really exciting was in the parking lot there was to guys from Bowling Green, Kentucky that drove to DEI to present Dale Jr. with a 2005 black corvette i didnt get to see JR's corvette but i did get to see the one the other guy drove. before they left they were in the parking lot showing off all the new corvettes features one of them was a remote starter and they started one guy was in the drivers seat the other outside of the car the car had a manual transmission and was in reverse when they started it i just sat there a second than all of a sudden it just took off like a rocket and atchually spun the wheels so the guy in the corvettte was panicing and looked around for a second and finally grabed the e-brake. it had 400 horsepower and 400 ft lbs of torque. even with all that it was unbeleviable it could spin the wheels at idle. before someone starts flaming me i know these cars aren't on the lots yet and they only reasone they were there was to present Jr. with one.

Last edited by Mike38; Jul 7, 2004 10:56am.

01 Toyota Celica GT
01 Toyota Celica GT
that would be a bad transmission if it gave power to the wheels at idle, or bad computer if it could start in gear wtf

[color:"red"]LNK[/color]
we're watching you

the only reason it got power to the wheels at idle is because the guy was just sitting in it and he didnt have the clutch pressed in, i agree on the bad computer they need to have some way to keep you from starting it with the remote while its in gear

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
ok

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
confused

[Linked Image from roundtwo0.tripod.com]

since no one understands it ill try again two guys with gm drove to Dale Earnhardt Inc. to give Dale Jr. a black 2005 corvette the other guy drove a red 2005 corvette down their i didnt get to see Dale Jr. or his corvette but i did get to see the red corvette, and the two guys were showing off all the features on the new corvette and the corvette was a six speed the car was parked but it was in reverse they were trying to show everybody the remote starter they had for the corvette but they were having problems with it from a distance son one guy went a sat down in it and tried again this time the car started it sat there for about half a second then it took off and spun the wheels for just a little bit then it got traction and took off the guy in the corvette paniced and finaaly grabed the e-brake and it finnally came to a stop. i think its cool to see a 2005 corvette spin the wheels before anyone can see them in a showroom

i firure the reason they gave Dale JR. a 2005 corvette is for advertising not that they are going to put him in a commercial but just the fact that he owns one is advertising

Last edited by Mike38; Jul 9, 2004 5:33am.