Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#437035 Apr 7, 12:04pm
2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Now that it's warmer outside I'm thinking about having new wheels on the GTS. But I want something that has a lip or is deep dished and 16 inch.

something like in this picture. http://img36.exs.cx/img36/1550/untitled9gc.jpg

do anyone know of any wheels for 16s?

Last edited by risingcelica; Apr 7, 2005 12:06pm.

2000 GT-S 6spd my "ferrari" :p

00 Toyota Celica GT
00 Toyota Celica GT
those rims in the pic are ugly bro and wouldnt go good with ur celica.

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
16s? y bother? thumbsdown thumbsdown

SIK44 #437038 Apr 7, 10:09pm
Playboy
2001 Acura Integra
Playboy
2001 Acura Integra
It's gonna be hard to find deep dish 16's and will look pretty ugly to me. thumbsdown If you want deep dish, you gotta go with atleast 18's IMO.

April Fools
2000 Toyota Celica
April Fools
2000 Toyota Celica
that's what i was wondering... i wouldn't go any smaller than 17's

shamelessly addicted to ecelica
[Linked Image]

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
thats pretty small and i doubt it wud look good but you shud goto www.iforged.com [iforged.com] they sell lot of deep dish rims and maybe even contact thema and see what they can do thumbsup

[Linked Image from i2.photobucket.com]

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Thanks a lot Celica_GTS_1

I didn't want to go over 16s because I still need my toyos. But going 17s isn't out of the question.

2004 Toyota Celica
2004 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by unstopable

or anything else for that matter

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by wiredthief
Originally Posted by unstopable

or anything else for that matter

I smell a put down.

I would rather have you keep to yourself if you have nothing to nice say.

2004 Toyota Celica
2004 Toyota Celica
There are 3 other posts that can be considered put downs. If you can't take negative feedback then don't post.

2001 Toyota & Acura Celica GTS
2001 Toyota & Acura Celica GTS
deep dish are nice but not those style of wheels

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
There are 3 other posts that can be considered put downs. If you can't take negative feedback then don't post.

I can understand when they say dished rims don't look good. But your post implied no rims out there would look good on my car. Hey, what goes around...

Speed Omen
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Speed Omen
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by MptGlw69
It's gonna be hard to find deep dish 16's and will look pretty ugly to me. thumbsdown If you want deep dish, you gotta go with atleast 18's IMO.

I agree... just stick with 17's or 18's for now. Consider deep dish if you have the cash and are molding flares or purchasing a widebody kit

Sultan #437048 Apr 8, 4:19pm
2004 Toyota Celica
2004 Toyota Celica
No, I implied exactly what was said directly. Those would not look good on any other car...not just yours. Why would I say that, having own a gts myself say no other rims would look good on your car...when I own one more or less just like it?

I'll rephrase so you don't piss yourself. "Those wheels are ugly."

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
check out axiswheels.com and see what they have. the smallest rim i could find is a 17. but with some of the rims they make there 17x7 but have a wide lip. while your at it check out racinghart wheels

April Fools
2000 Toyota Celica
April Fools
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by risingcelica

I can understand when they say dished rims don't look good. But your post implied no rims out there would look good on my car. Hey, what goes around...

yeah i think you're reading waaaaaaaaaay too much into his post... i took it as though he meant those rims wouldn't look good on ANY car...

and don't forget... when you ask for opinions... you're gonna get negative ones with the positive... so either be prepared for them... or don't ask...

[Linked Image]

Boobie Vision
2000 Toyota Celica
Boobie Vision
2000 Toyota Celica
hmmm you know if you go 18's or higher you will lose speed from your car. It will take a bit longer to go faster quicker. Because of the bigger wheel diameter.

Sideways
2003 Toyota Celica GTS
Sideways
2003 Toyota Celica GTS
puke

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by RookieGTS
hmmm you know if you go 18's or higher you will lose speed from your car. It will take a bit longer to go faster quicker. Because of the bigger wheel diameter.

You're right, that's why I asked if there were any in 16s. I'm also interested in getting light-weight wheels. I still might get these type of rims, but with a little less lip. Probably the only comestic I would get for my car. I would rather spend money on performance then have a shitty ass bodykit. thumbsup

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
Sorry bro, those get two thumbs down thumbsdown thumbsdown, if your getting wheels you should at least go with 17s, maybe lightweight ones if youor worried about losing speed

April Fools
2000 Toyota Celica
April Fools
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by risingcelica
Originally Posted by RookieGTS

You're right, that's why I asked if there were any in 16s. I'm also interested in getting light-weight wheels. I still might get these type of rims, but with a little less lip. Probably the only comestic I would get for my car. I would rather spend money on performance then have a shitty ass bodykit. thumbsup

if you want light-weight deep dish is probably a bad idea... and i would still go with 17's cause to me buying 16's and calling it "cosmetic" is pointless... you might as well keep the rims you have...

[Linked Image]

??? wave
1953564364-conceptgm.jpg

"I will be merciful.........and quick!"

or... wave
1953564366-img-1842-small.jpg

"I will be merciful.........and quick!"

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
if you want to get rims and intend on 16's that r deep dish then you shud do it if you want, you shudnt really look into what others say because really its ur ride and you make it the way you want, ul always get negative responses to anythin you do to ur ride so dun worry bout it, i think my ride is the best celica i have ever seen no offence to any1 and i kno i didnt create it myself it was sum1 elses work and i luv everythin the last owner did to it and every part of it but knowing a lot of people like it theres a bunch of people that dont, but as long as i like it i really dont care so if the rims look nice to you then get them in whatever size you want, i mean like you said you want to put ur toyo tires on them and if i had toyo tires layin aroun then ye i wud be doing the exact same thing as u, i wud buy rims that fit with the rubber i have so i wudnt have to spend more and i think thats a good idea thumbsup

2004 Toyota Celica
2004 Toyota Celica
he asked, we answered.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by Celica_GTS_1
if you want to get rims and intend on 16's that r deep dish then you shud do it if you want, you shudnt really look into what others say because really its ur ride and you make it the way you want, ul always get negative responses to anythin you do to ur ride so dun worry bout it, i think my ride is the best celica i have ever seen no offence to any1 and i kno i didnt create it myself it was sum1 elses work and i luv everythin the last owner did to it and every part of it but knowing a lot of people like it theres a bunch of people that dont, but as long as i like it i really dont care so if the rims look nice to you then get them in whatever size you want, i mean like you said you want to put ur toyo tires on them and if i had toyo tires layin aroun then ye i wud be doing the exact same thing as u, i wud buy rims that fit with the rubber i have so i wudnt have to spend more and i think thats a good idea thumbsup

what do you know...your mommy bought your car with all that work done to it

surf...nothing else matters
tearing up costa rica summer 05'

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by VBSURFER

what do you know...your mommy bought your car with all that work done to it

how wud i kno? i have bought my own car and worked on it thats how i wud kno,before the celica yes i did buy my own car,but you wudnt kno that so y even say anythin? now i have a celica that my parents bought me that was already modded and if you read what i wrote before this it states that, if ur mad or jealous really i dun care, ur here saying stuff about a 16 year old that you dun even kno about, the bigger thing is to a "16 year old" over the internet thumbsdown , it shows how mature you r and how mature i am then u

April Fools
2000 Toyota Celica
April Fools
2000 Toyota Celica

actually you buy tires to go with the rims... not the other way around

think about it... those tires are going to wear out eventually and you'll have to buy new ones anyway... so if you get 17" rims... get yourself some 17" toyos to go with them.. and then sell the 16" toyos... simple as that thumbsup

[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
he asked, we answered.

and I thank you guys for that. smile

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by celikitten

actually you buy tires to go with the rims... not the other way around

think about it... those tires are going to wear out eventually and you'll have to buy new ones anyway... so if you get 17" rims... get yourself some 17" toyos to go with them.. and then sell the 16" toyos... simple as that thumbsup
well i guess frown my bad but still its up to who ever has the tires tongue

2004 Toyota Celica
2004 Toyota Celica
drama hit