Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
I've looked through the forum and pretty much everywhere else I can think of and I can't seem to find any info on where to install an aftermarket keyless entry system. I have the system, I found a wiring diagram, but no where does anything say where in the car to wire it.

Help?

Did you ever get this figured out? I bought an 03 Celica and they disconnected the TDS installed system due to the horn going off constantly. I was gonna do an aftermarket system just for the locks. But I am not familiar with wiring honestly. So I'm worried about even trying. I don't wanna jack my vehicle up from lack of knowledge.

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Yes and no. I ended up installing mine by stripping the wires going to the locks and ignition. BUT the darn thing is still Constantly draining my battery. Definitely not the right way to do it. Personally, for the amount of time I spent on this and the fact that there were still issues with this after, it’s more worth it to just save up and have a shop install it. $300 usually gets you a good system, well installed, and a warranty Incase anything goes wrong. Don’t make my mistake, if you’re not Really good with car electronics, just let a professional do it. And I am a professional audio engineer and repair speakers and amplifies all the time. Car electronics is a different enough for it to be difficult.

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Hi, welcome to the forum!

There are two spots in the 7th Gen Celica that I am tracking where the key-less entree have been installed in the United States Models

There is a location in the panel behind the driver seat where they were installed for that that did not have the alarm system.
it was closer to where the top of the rear seats meets the back pillar behind the plastic trim.

Edit: I mean the security system when I stated "did not have an alarm system"

The other location is behind the knee board plastic trim. This location was used for a lot of Celica's that used an alarm system,
because it was an easy location to install the plastic box that held the alarm/keyless entree system.

under the knee board for the driver side there should be a wire plug for the a plug and play VIP Security system. if its not directly under the knee board, check in the drivers left kick board/ plastic trim to the left of where your left foot rests.

I had ran all over the place trying to figure out how to get my 2000 Celica GT keyless entree and those were the locations I found.

Last edited by Zaon_Prime; Oct 1, 2019 3:42pm.