Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#455461 Nov 13, 12:36pm
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Does anyone here have any form of issue with their trunk, and auto lock , gas indicator and doom light and high beam light not working ?
can the BCM be fix ?

HD

Hey, welcome!

Does sound like a BCM issue you're experiencing. I'm sure the BCM could be fixed but I'm willing to bet it would probably be cheaper just to buy a used working BCM from eBay or something.

2001 Toyota Celica GT-S 6 speed (sold 12/19)
2002 Toyota Celica GT auto (totaled 5/18)

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Hello,

Have you checked the two 7.5 longer fuses towards the right of the interior fuse panel?
They are located right above the 5 amp longer fuses. 2 7.5 amp ones and 2 5 amp ones.

I lost every one of those abilities except maybe highbeams, I am not sure I don't use those often and
traced it back to one of those fuses having been blown.

the the fuses are 6 prongs and each have their own breakable fuse link if the amperage raised above specified.
I would try to se eif you need those fuses first and go from there. The fuse box in the engine bay should contain a spare 7.5 amp 6 prong fuse at the very top of the fuse board.

if you the fuses are blown you may have a short somewhere on the circuit, or you can just replace the BCM and they may fix it.

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Thank you very much for your reply I have check all of those and they are all in tack. I now think it's the BCM because I've exhaust all other options

HD

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Do you mind coming back and telling us if replacing the BCM worked to fix your issue?
Thank you,

I’m having the Exact same problem as you. I already ordered my BCM it should come in the next few days and hopefully that would fix all the issues I’m having. What worked for you?

I’m having the exact same problem as you. I’m getting my bcm in the next few days and hopefully that fixes the issue

Hey Hova, I've been struggling with my BCM also, and hopefully I can help you through some mistakes I made! Let me start by saying that I am not an ace at diagnostic, and that I currently am in possession of four (4) BCMs, purchased from eBay and junkyards, slapping them in one after the other, with fingers crossed and hope against hope that this time would fix what ailed my poor Celica... So, I have finally found a verified working BCM BUT my fuel gauge still does not work, and neither did the power locks. I tore down all the interior trim and traced the door locks to find that only the actuators were shot, so a double failure mode. Only then did I realize that I had finally found a good computer, and that my dome and headlights were functioning as they should. I have since changed all the actuators, and have serviceable power locks all around. Working on the fuel gauge soon.

I'm now thinking that I may have one or more other good computers, and could potentially send you one if that is the case. This shit sucks but don't give up hope!

Also, in case you haven't found out yet, the BCM is the red box under the fuse panel (behind door on passenger left kicker panel). It can be removed and replaced without removing any trim, though it is difficult. Full removal of the kicker panels adjacent to the console is a PITA. Hope this helps, good luck!

Once more thing, I have taken apart defective BCMs, and could not see any obvious corrosion/burning on the circuit board. Maybe it is a capacitor issue.

2008 Toyota Celica gts
2008 Toyota Celica gts
@car_baby
I had problems though fuel indicator & door lock too, really it cause of actuator problem?