Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#455863 Jan 22, 8:51pm
2003 Toyota Celica gt
2003 Toyota Celica gt
So I'm wanting to engine swap my 2003 gt celica with a built engine and tranny where's the best place to look and what the best engine to do that with. Ive heard getting a gts engine and swapping it is pretty easy but idk where to start looking or what I really need maybe point in the right direction. I'm just trying to start a project. I know it's kinda all over the places.

Hutch #455870 Jan 23, 7:32am
Hey, welcome.

First you should hammer down just what you're looking for. Just a built engine? Built engine for boost? Supercharger? Turbo? Stay N/A?

Beyond that, MonkeyWrenchRacing.com is a great team of people that can set you up with a swap kit, uninstalled internals, or even a fully built set up.

You could 2zz swap, K series swap, the list goes on. Be sure to search the rest of the forum as this topic has been covered plenty of times.

-Connor

2001 Toyota Celica GT-S 6 speed (sold 12/19)
2002 Toyota Celica GT auto (totaled 5/18)

Hutch #456879 Feb 14, 12:59pm
Yo yo. I got a built engine from MonkeyWrenchRacing.com in December and I'd do it all over again if I had to. You'll get some things overpriced from them, but they do excellent work. Look around on the CelicaHobby store and CarID.com for stuff you think might be overpriced. I went from a 1zz that was burning oil by the gallon to a 2zz with forged internals and some other sweet bits (Exhaust, Short Ram, Short Shifter, etc.) and it's like a whole new car ($5000 later).
The install wasn't too different from most other engine swaps. A few things you might wanna keep in mind are whether or not you want to keep your 5-spd or swap it for a 6-spd, what stuff you'll want replaced while you're in there (radiator, hoses, axles, etc.), and the things that will NEED to be replaced (Exhaust needs to be wider, burn up all that regular gas and fill it with 93 Premium, you'll need a new ECU and you'll want a rebuilt motor, not a used one). Just be prepared to hunt gremlins for the first few months. I had to prime the cooling system at least 15 times to get it working. It took weeks and I still find a wire or sensor here and there that needs replacing.

Do plenty of research and create plenty of shopping carts. Good luck!