I have a 1990 all trac turbo and my shifter seems to be pretty mushy/sticky. First gear can feel awkward at times. When your in first gear it just feels like it’s floating there and not really secure. When going to second, I have to pull past a click or “bump” before I’m all the way in second. 3rd and 4th gears feel alright most of the times except for fifth which seems a little funky in order to shift into. Usually I would just slide the shifter in a diagonal direction to enter the adjacent gear(going from second to third for example). However, if I attempt to do this for fifth, I sometimes end up sliding from 4th into 3rd unintentionally. In order to ensure this doesn’t happen, I have to slide the shift knob slowly into place. By slowly I mean, sliding into neutral then sliding all the way right and up. Though fifth gear may seem like a minor problem, it often causes you to lose some focus and fractions of a second. Finally, reverse gear can some times be a guessing game. You slide it in and most of the times will feel a click letting you know that it’s in gear but some times it will float like 1st gear and leave you wondering if it’s in gear at all.

Anyone having issues with their shifter as well? If so, did you solve it? And how did you solve it?