Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Hey, Y'all,

I'm about to do a 2zz swap into my GT. I already did all the research on the parts I need and all that. I just wonder who I should hand all my hard earned spinach too. I found an Ebay engine swap kit with everything but the VVL harness, a rebuilt engine from this JDM company that needs a new ECU, and a pretty inciting swap package from Monkey Wrench Racing that has pretty much everything. They'll clean and rebuild the engine and even do some hot boy stuff to the valves and heads if I want them too...which I do thumbsup. My questions are these:

Anyone ever bought an engine or anything over $500 from them?
Is Monkey Wrench Racing a good company 4 this kinda thing?
Does the part you got from them still work?

If you have an answer to any or all of these questions, you're the man/lady and I wanna kno wat U kno. I'm about to call them now for info on the other stuff, but obviously I can't ask them if they're worth paying cause the answer to that question will always be yes from an American company. Haha. laugh

Last edited by KillaKanibus; Aug 20, 2018 7:58am.

Update: Monkey Wrench Racing is pretty legit. Some of their stuff is a bit overpriced, and the intake manifold they sent me has some dents in it here and there, but everything works pretty well. It's noticeably stronger than it was with my old oil burning machine. If you're gonna mod a celica, go to MonkeyWrenchRacing.com 1st...then see if U can find some of their parts cheaper elsewhere. Haha.