Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#474116 Feb 27, 4:18pm
Hi! This is my first post. I'm looking forward to buying a celica t230 and one of the things that are on my mind is if it can handle bad roads, eastern european roads. I'm living in Romania and the some of the roads here are absolute garbage, like 4-6 cm holes in the road sometimes. And another curiosity of mine is of it can be driven on unpaved roads, something like going off the street to get to a cabin or a camping spot, not truly off road but not on only flat roads.
Thanks for getting the time to read this guys, I'm super hyped about the car and finally being able to afford it, and i just cant help it but to be so curious and ask you guys. Thanks again!

I drive a Celica GTS auto into Mexico a lot, where there are lots of big and deep pot holes, like 25 cm or deeper. The car does very well. It's light, only 2,500 pounds, plus front wheel drive, does better than most cars on soft roads, mud, grass and snow. Should get to camp sites OK.

I went over a few deep holes hard at high speed, did not bend or break anything. Once big rocks in a deep hole shredded the side wall of a front tire. Had to drive 2 miles on a flat tire to a bright and safe spot where I put on the spare.

With independent McPherson struts on all 4 wheels, the car holds the road very well on bad or twisty roads, even at high speed. You can feel what each tire is doing independently on road bumps.

The car is fun at low speed in the city, but it excels at high speed cruising, like above 110 MPH or 180 KPH. Guys who own BMW 3s and 5s were surprised the Celica is far more stable and controllable at high speed.

I had a 360 deg spin out on a wet freeway exit ramp at 65 MPH, new rain, road was slick. On dry roads the front wheel drive car would spin in rather than spin out on high speed hard turn.

Last edited by CAPTAINSOLO; Mar 11, 2022 12:14am.