I've been on a whirlwind of issues with the heating in my car 2001 Celica 2zzge MT.
As of a couple of weeks back my car would take forever to get up to temperature.....after a while it would come up to temp, but during the winter months it won't... It gets a little warm but never up to mid range temp. And of course the cabin won't get hot. You may get some warmth out but as soon as you have the best on for a couple of minutes it'll get cold again.

So, thermostat. That's the first thought. It must be stuck open or something. went ahead and changed it. In the moment I realised that I was running green coolant so I went ahead and flushed a bunch of times with the thermostat out with demineralised water. When running with demineralised water, the car ran beautifully. Interior nice and hot...car getting up to temp no issues.

I finished the flush, filled it back up with red toyota coolant and then.....no heating. What the heck? Air bubble in the heater core? I don't have time for that. Must be....

I went ahead and bought and used a coolant system vacuum to suck all the air out of the system once it was drained again....filled it up with fresh coolant and no air pockets and now....back to square 1 with no hot air, red coolant and a new thermostat....

Any idea? Someone please! Thanks.