I own a 1990 JDM Toyota Celica ST Coupe, it's got a 1.6L I4 twin cam 16 valve 4-afe with EFI that has a cold air intake filter on it. The problem started when the previous owner told me it needed a headgasket so I changed that and put everything back together about two months ago but it kept revving like a vacuum leak, there was none so I played with the distribution and when that didnt work I reset the cams timing to the where the pistons were located and got it running smooth again but not long after my car stopped revving past 2k rpms and cold start idles at 100-300 rpms sometimes but when its warm it idles around 400.
Also my exhaust is cut short because I got a new manifold but couldnt afford the pipe and gaskets to put on the new manifold so ive got about, 10-12 inches of exhaust right off the manifold pretty much pointed right under my oil pan and I had a grinding noise for a couple seconds about 2 weeks ago, I checked my oil, there was none, I let it cool down for like 20 minutes and checked my oil again and it was full. Havent heard it since but I also havent ran it much, just enough to keep batteries charged and motor moving.
I found a blown vacuum line the other day, I cant find the rest of it only the collar and idk where it goes or what its for.
One last thing is I'm low on fuel, idk if there some sort of fuel saving system the car has or what but I'm convinced ALL of this is making it not rev past 2k I just dont actually know, my question is, is any of this going to mess with my rev limiter, she's straight redline at 2k and won't go past in 1st nor 2nd