I'll try to give as much detail as possible without being too burdensome.

I've had a 2000 Celica GT with the U341E transmission since 192,000 miles, and I'm currently at 203,000.
Overall, the car is running amazing. Starts right up with no issues, warms up in a reasonable amount of time for an older car in a colder climate. Maine to be exact!
It has very-very little, almost no oil consumption, probably 1oz max if I were to go 6,000 between changes. Me being me, I change the oil every 3500 miles.

I've replaced all struts (Springs, shock, etc.), end-links, and the front-lower ball joints.
Brake rotors are new all around, as well as brake hardware and pads.

Now for the nitty gritty of my situation. We all know these cars are basically motorized-beatboxers after they had been out for a few years, and the talent of the beatboxer does not get better with time. TL;DR They make a lot of noise.
I've spent the last few months going throughout the car and sound-proofing it, as well as adding new pins and felt between trim pieces.

However, there is one noise in particular that's bugging me, and it seems to be coming from the transmission.
I'll do my best to explain it below:
This noise is similar to a metallic-flicking if that makes sense. Imagine a very thin piece of steel being lightly tapped on in a rhythmic manner. Almost similar to a metal fan having a straw stuck into it. It's not super loud, but definitely noticeable.

When it happens:

- This noise occurs typically in the RPM range of 1800ish - 2100ish and only in 2nd and 3rd gear for about 2 seconds just before shifting to the next gear.
- It also seems to only occur during the first 20 minutes of driving when I'm making my way through town and having to stop at various lights, meaning I have to go through the first few gears 3-4 times each way on my commute. Once I'm past 2200 RPMS, I don't hear it at all.
- It seems to occur mostly between 18mph and 30mph.

Potential Lead?

- This noise just started to occur about 2 weeks ago, coincidentally days after my transmission developed a slight leak.
- The leak is minor, but nothing to ignore. It's a very small drip, but it is consistent. Only a few days ago did my transmission dip stick have a "low" reading after a 30 minute drive and the car was up to temp. Since then, I've topped it off with new fluid.
- When my dip-stick read low, I had to add just under a quart of ATF to be back to where I was when I bought it.
- The leak should be fixed shortly, I have the parts, I'm just waiting on a second opinion from my mechanic to see if the leak is coming from a different spot than what I've found.

I'm sorry to make such a long post, but I feel like more information can be helpful when so many things could be the culprit. My gut tells me it's something to do with my transmission, but it baffles me that it would shift so smoothly with little to no hiccups at all and not throw any codes if something were to be wrong.
I know it's due for a transmission flush, and I plan on getting it flushed and filled with T-IV after I fix my leak.

Anyone have any input?

Fix your own damn car!