Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Hello! I hope this is the right place for this, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience or knows how to replace the passenger's outer door handle on a 2004 Celica GT. Mine broke off and I was able to find a replacement, but I haven't been able to find any guides or videos on how to do it myself at home. All of the videos I've seen only show how to replace the interior handle. I've never removed the door panel before but I have some idea on how to do it. If anyone has done this before and could give me some pointers or knows a helpful video showing how, I'd really appreciate it!

1999 Toyota Celica SX
1999 Toyota Celica SX
Originally Posted by lovenluckx
Hello! I hope this is the right place for this, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience or knows how to replace the passenger's outer door handle on a 2004 Celica GT. Mine broke off and I was able to find a replacement, but I haven't been able to find any guides or videos on how to do it myself at home. All of the videos I've seen only show how to replace the interior handle. I've never removed the door panel before but I have some idea on how to do it. If anyone has done this before and could give me some pointers or knows a helpful video showing how, I'd really appreciate it!

I just did this on mine about a month ago. How detailed instructions do you want?

2003 Toyota GT
2003 Toyota GT
1st step: remove door panels, there are a couple screws to remove, and you have to remove the wires connecting the locking mechanism to the lock.
2nd step: there are two or three bolts to remove directly behind the outer handle, ther are accessible via holes in the chassis of the door.
3rd step: remove the metal bar connecting the handle to the opening/closing mechanism.
4th step: install the other one and repeat the previous steps but backwards

Hope this helps you!