Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#452161 Jun 2, 5:18am
2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Good morning fellas. Question of the day. I've looked through a lot of posts and I don't believe I've seen this question but if so I apologize for asking twice ahead of time. I just watched a Celica go down the track with an RZ motor, and a turbo and did 6.6 at 212 mph and was rwd. No I don't plan on making mine a straight track car more so for Street and a road course track. Being that I have a GT, I was going to make it a turbo anyway with 6-speed trans. Rwd would be awesome, being that's what I'm used to driving. But wanted to get your ideas as far as a 3rz swap, which 6spd I can use for the trans swap and converting to rwd.

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
And I forgot to mention that is on my bucket list to go over 200 mph. The reason why my name is 3rd time's a charm, is because I'll be 50 Tuesday but have always been a car guy all my life. I've had too many cars to name but the two in question are, right before my son was born I had in 1977 Datsun 280Z forest green black leather interior 5-speed and a beast, straight 6 triple carb, loved that car. Having a newborn, at 28, a two-seater wasn't conducive. Since my son joined the Air Force 2 years ago I acquired a 1986 Mazda RX7 FC 5 speed AC sunroof it was pretty quick but some kid tried to drift it and ran up sideways under the passenger side and dented the frame up a little bit Jacked up the door up a little but no body damage, however but the skirt. With intentions on building that, I've had to make drastic decisions upon moving and sold all three of my vehicles. I've since acquired, for the age it is clean, a 2000 Celica GT not too long ago with 50,000 miles on the motor 328000 on the body. Drives out nice. I just did my first upgrade the other day when it started running funny going to work. Wound up replacing the plugs with boots and Springs to the coils and rode into work and it still wasn't quite right, still showing misfire number 4. So after work I changed out number 4 coil within 5 minutes and was scatting down the road like nothing has happened. But I have a pretty big plan for this. I picked the car up for a good price and it has unlimited potential in my book. But I don't have an unlimited pocketbook. Suspension obviously needs upgrade and was going to do a wide body kit possibly F1 with a zonder hood with louvers on the side and Center scoop, possible carbon roof and deck, the tall back wing and 19 inch wheels. Huntington Blue Pearl and gold wheels. I've always enjoyed little Nimble race cars, could never afford a Supra, and the Celica was FWD, so it kind of turned me off earlier in life. But now I know there's conversions. And virtually anything can be done so very interested in an engine swap and rwd with 6 SPD will help me get to my 200mph bucket list speed in my own vehicle. I see a lot of beautiful rides in this forum and give thumbs up to you all because I know a lot of time and money has been put into them to make them look like they do. And I like the feedback that y'all give because information is knowledge and it should be shared across the board which is how I live. So peace be with you all look forward to sharing new stories