What's up everyone! Today I purchased a 1990 Celica with a 20V Silvertop swap. Car is ok, paint sucks and needs a few things. It is really fun to drive so far. A little background on myself, I work for a GM dealer as a technician and am fully mechanically inclined. Just finished swapping my turbo build into my RHD Miata and needed a daily. Searched craigslist for some cool cars and this Celica popped up. Figured why not.

The car needs a few things and I have had a hard time discerning so of the differences between Celica chassis and cross compatibility.

The shifter feels sloppy and the shifter height is way too high to me. So I have been searching for a short shifter and replacement bushings. Aside from installing a 92/93 assembly, are there other options? I also am in need of factory service manuals specifically for wiring etc.

First thing I plan on doing is inspecting all the wiring on the swap. The P.O. has the fans wired to Key On and I am sure that the ECU would control them. It currently has a black top ECU as it isnt running the old AFM. I know the Celica diagrams wont fully transfer over but any information could help.

TL;DR: New owner doesn't know of good online Celica performance stores and could use information on the chassis itself along with cross compatibility with other Celica years or FWD Toyota models.

Last edited by L337TurboZ; Apr 7, 2019 6:10pm.