New guy here,

I almost never chat in forums as I'm not too social. (I usually just check on build threads to help work on my own car).
I couldn't find answers to my question (or I suck at searching) so I decided to join.

Back when I was working construction I drove down a steep curvy hill going home, my heavy auto 06 Sierra would drive like a runaway train riding the brakes all the way down.

Later I got my 00 Automatic GTS and used it for driving to work, when I drive down the hill I just coast and ride the brakes a bit halfway down before the corners.
Well one day as I was going down I tapped the brake instead of riding it and the car downshifted a gear and revved up to 3k rpm and stayed there, it kept my speed at a steady 35-40mph (freaked me out at first)

I took my friend with me the next day, went down the hill and tapped the brake once and it would shift down and jump to 3k rpm again until I tapped the gas or got to level ground at the bottom then it drove normal again.
My friend said it must be automatic engine braking system. His 08 4runner does the same thing when going down a steep hill and taps the brakes.

I figured I'd ask you guys about this to see if anyone else's celi does it.