Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

I have a few problems with my 2002 gts.

First problem is the halos on my headlights do not work at all. Whoever did their wiring for them goofed something up i believe. (Ill add pictures tomorrow).

Second problem is that my cruise control isnt working. Ill switch it to go on but when i go yo set the speed, nothing happens and the cruise control light flashes on and off on the dash. Im guessing a loose wire?

Third problem is that my car does not seem to be making as much power as it should be. It might just be me, but it feels extremely sluggish for as much power as it should be making. I can get to 120mph if i leave it in 3rd gear (automatic) but 4th gets me nowhere else and will only keep me at 105mph. I know i shouldnt be going that fast, but its more of a test to see that im not making the numbers i should be. There are no dyno garages within a few hours of where i live, so i have no idea what i actually am making for power. I know that the gt is supposed to reach 125mph, but the gts should be considerably more with 40hp more and a tidbit more torque.

If anybody has any reccomendations or advice, please leave it here. Ill take whatever i can get. Thank you so much everybody and sorry for the long read

Last edited by ReverendRadical; Apr 18, 2020 10:35pm.

Did you check compression dry and wet?

With Low or uneven compression across the cylinders, engine would run rough and produce low power.

Low compression could be caused by dirty oil varnish caking up valves' seats and piston rings.

Flush the engine with Motor Medic GUNK ($6 Walmart) a few times. That should clean out any deposit in the engine.

I typically use half a bottle, add to oil then idle the engine 10-15 minutes. The drained oil would be black and thick like tar. Do it a few oil changes, compression should get higher and even out, engine would run smoother and stronger.

Low compression could also be caused by worn piston rings, scratched cylinders' walls, which are big problems.