Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Hello everyone!
I have a 2004 Sport edition Celica and unfortunately need to have the radiator and the heater matrix (also called a heater core I believe) replaced.
It's been a nightmare. My mechanic asked me to supply the parts (he can apparently only source the coolant pump grrr) but also said he wouldn't use companies like Eurocarparts etc, who sell aftermarket parts. Not much help, is he?
Can I ask for recommendations where I could get good quality parts please? I found replacement radiators, even originals from Toyota (£295) and generic ones (around £80). But nobody seems to have the heater core! I was told Toyota don't make them anymore but I wasn't even able to find an aftermarket one. A breaker yard offered to sell me one for £195, but I'm a bit worried getting a used one, especially for this part, as my mechanic said the labour only to replace it is £400 as it takes hours to get to it.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as it all seems a bit hopeless at this point.
Thanks in advance.

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Toyota isn't making Celica parts any more. It's more of situation now where whatever they have left in stock is whatever you have available to you in terms of new OEM parts.

I was only able to find this Heater Matrix for you from ebay although I don't know if it will fit. The part number Toyota uses is 87107-20690, so you may try to continue your search with that. It's likely you won't find many options because it's not a part that often goes bad. I'm having a harder and harder time sourcing brand new OEM genuine Toyota parts because they don't make them any more. So, I empathize with your pain.

EBay [ebay.com]

Last edited by Particle9; Oct 21, 2021 2:35pm.

Hello, thank you for taking the time to reply. I managed to find a guy in the UK who specializes in heater cores. It won't be original part but he manufactures one that fits and his reputation is excellent. I'll have to give it a go, it's just such a big and costly job to replace that I really wanted an original part. Oh well.
I saw one from a breaker site but they only gave 3 months warranty so I didn't want to risk it.
I have to have the radiator and the coolant pump replaced too, but those are a bit easier. I just can't wait to have the car back. I've wanted a Celica since I was 18 (now 37). I got my licence 2 years ago finally (weirdly late I know but we get by in Europe 😅) and sure enough I bought one. Best drive ever 😍.
Thanks again for your reply, hopefully you'll never need a heater core but I'm happy to pass on the contact if it works out.

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Glad you got it sorted. I have a photographer acquaintance in Europe and he didnt have a license for years (still might not,I haven't talked to him for a while) so I totally get it. He bicycles everywhere since its all closer. Not like here in the states where everything is spread out all over the place unless you live in one of the totalitarian cities lol.