Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

I have a 2002 GTS. It belonged to my older for a minute and he did all the mods, then I took over the $$$ for a while until my younger brother decided he wanted it. Long story short, my older brother passed away and my little brother refused to drive the car after our brother passed. It sat my parents garage for the better part of 6 years. I got it running but it is in rough shape. I have a lot of emotions invested in this car and I want to fix it up right. My older brother was the car genius and now I don’t know who to go to for help.

How does it run?

After sitting for 6 years, it will run rough a while but should smooth out after running a few hundred miles with new engine and xmission oil.

Flush engine oil with MOTOR MEDIC GUNK to get rid of any oil slush, carbon deposit and corrosion in moving parts. Drain and replace xmission oil, flush if necessary..

Run the engine easy for a while. Don't push it.

if it does not run smooth after a few hundred miles and has any bad symptoms, we can help you troubleshoot.

It runs OK we put about 7000 to get it back up and going the problems that I’m having now are with the body kit that was put on it 18 years ago is falling apart and my husband has tried to help kind of patch together and I feel it’s kind of getting worse and I I need to take it somewhere but I don’t wanna take it just anybody and I really don’t know where to go or who I would even begin to look into for work like that where they can remove the old body kit and replace all of the plastic parts that are damaged from ill fitting parts my husband put on. I want to eventually have a new body kit put on and getting it looking and running like it used too. She looks rough right now she doesn’t drive terrible it does need work but it’s drivable I’m just more or less trying to fix up when I can each paycheck

Last edited by GTS02Mama; Dec 30, 2021 3:44pm. Reason: Misspelled words

Find a good body shop. They can reassemble the body kit and fix any problem to make everything fit.