Hi all,

My 7th gen (1ZZ-FE) has been sat for a couple of months while I was away (had occasional 20 min drives in that period), and has recently developed an a pretty bad overfuelling issue. Upon start, it idles very roughly, and puts out a fair bit of smoke, and often requires you to keep your foot on the accelerator. The revs tend to build a bit, but very lumpy/ hesitantly before diving again, with this cycle repeating a few times before it eventually dies out. An OBD reader (both mine and the RAC guy who had to tow it back to my house) gave no error codes, and the 02 sensors *appear* to be reading fine. I've replaced all spark plugs and the valve cover gasket as the plugs were found to be oily/ wet and it was suggested that a perished gasket could be leaking down onto the tops of the plugs, with no result. About this time I also found the oil level to be significantly higher than usual, and smelling of petrol, so that'll need changing. I've also cleaned off the MAF sensor as that was found to be pretty filthy (wet-style air filter had been spitting oil onto it), but this had no effect.

Another possibility could be a cracked/ leaking injector, but before I go depressurising the fuel rail etc, has anyone got any other ideas? I'm more used to dealing with vintage fuel systems so I'm slightly concerned about messing something up. Thanks!

[Linked Image]