Hi, and also sorry for my bad English, it isn't my native language.
I recently bought a 2000 Toyota Celica GT (1ZZ-FE 1.8L, 6-speed manual) and of course the previous owners were all just (ab)using the car without any deeper maintenance of the engine. When I got my Celica it was burning oil... like a lot! Can't say i measured it super-precisely but for every ~300km (around 190miles) I burned all the way from the top line of the dipstick to the bottom line. Now of course I knew when I was buying the car that the engine would need a rebuild with the new piston design. The problem I am having now is: I don't exactly know what piston bore size should I buy. I've read a lot around the forums and many people say, that the pistons Toyota put in were smaller and needed to be compensated by using bigger rings. Now of course I would love to get the engine blocked bored out to 79.5 mm, but I'm a student and on some tighter budget. Since i live in Czechia, there are only a few people that bore out engine blocks, and they're expensive. So main question is: What size of the new pistons should I buy without needing to bore out the engine block? Should I stick with the 79mm size and just buy the updated desing with more oil return holes, or are there bigger ones that fit without boring (for example 79.25mm)?

Also worth mentioning: When driving the car it sometimes randomly starts smoking a lot from the exhaust, but after about 5 minutes of driving, it stops. The smoke is white but none of my coolant ever dissapeared. Since i bought the car the coolant level is exactly on the "max" line and hasn't moved since, the car also doesn't overheat.

I should also mention what's been done to the car since I bought it. I've completely flushed the engine with engine flush, replaced the oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, intake seal and valve cover seals.
After all that I filled it with 5W-30 Long Life oil.
And what I plan on doing in the near future is cleaning the injectors and repairing my front bumper (also neglected by it's previous owners)

Thanks for helping! smile