Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

hi everyone. i had a 2000 celica gts. and i gave it to a friend. Somehow the alternator blew. and he doesnt want to bring it to a shop. Does anyone know where i can get some pics of how to remove it. i checked out the diagrams in the maintenance section of this site. but it only has to pics and it doesnt have all the info. if you can help i would apprecaite it. because we are still in the process of fixin it RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

rEsPEcT tHe 35, aFtEr aLl iTs a sKyLinE

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
https://celicahobby.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/18862

1) First of all disconnect the positive battery terminal with a 10mm wrench. This is very important when working with an alternator.

2) Take off the plastic engine covers in the engine bay. These are held on by a bunch of plastic pop rivets. Using a small flat head screw driver helps in removal. This will expose the area on the passenger side of the engine bay where the pulleys and alternator.

[Linked Image]

3) Disconnect all wires connected to the Alternator. And to the left of it to aid in removal later on. Some need to be removed with a 12mm wrench. The rest can be popped off with your hands

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

4) Take off the plastic fuel rail cover that is connected to the valve cover to help remove the alternator.

5) Using a 3/4 inch wrench you will need to literally need the power of Zeus to relieve the tension on the tensioner by pulling the wrench towards the front of the car. Becareful it is on securely. Pull as hard as you can while a friend pulls the belt off the alternator.

[Linked Image]
The wrench must be on the area the blue arrow is pointing to.

6) Take off the four 14mm bolt attached to the top and bottom left side that connect it to the engine block. Also along the top that uses a metal bracket to secure it to under the very left intake runner.

7) Now you can work the alternator out of the engine bay. You will have to unbolt the throttle mechanism in front of it to ease removal from the engine bay.

[Linked Image]
unbolt the throttle mechanism to clear room to remove the alternator

https://celicahobby.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/18862