1) First of all disconnect the positive battery terminal with a 10mm wrench. This is very important when working with an alternator.
2) Take off the plastic engine covers in the engine bay. These are held on by a bunch of plastic pop rivets. Using a small flat head screw driver helps in removal. This will expose the area on the passenger side of the engine bay where the pulleys and alternator.
3) Disconnect all wires connected to the Alternator. And to the left of it to aid in removal later on. Some need to be removed with a 12mm wrench. The rest can be popped off with your hands
4) Take off the plastic fuel rail cover that is connected to the valve cover to help remove the alternator.
5) Using a 3/4 inch wrench you will need to literally need the power of Zeus to relieve the tension on the tensioner by pulling the wrench towards the front of the car. Becareful it is on securely. Pull as hard as you can while a friend pulls the belt off the alternator.
The wrench must be on the area the blue arrow is pointing to.
6) Take off the four 14mm bolt attached to the top and bottom left side that connect it to the engine block. Also along the top that uses a metal bracket to secure it to under the very left Intake
7) Now you can work the alternator out of the engine bay. You will have to unbolt the throttle mechanism in front of it to ease removal from the engine bay.
unbolt the throttle mechanism to clear room to remove the alternatorhttps://www.celicahobby.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/18862