Hi all, so this has been a problem ever since I got the car, but I've only now been able to get around to fixing it. Originally, when I bought the car, the SRS light would flash the entire time the car was on. Eventually, I took it to the dealer to have them diagnose it, but all they could find was an open in the side airbag circuit. Of course, they suggested that I replace THE ENTIRE WIRING HARNESS just to MAYBE fix the issue. I declined and decided that they were absolutely useless and went on to deal with the light for a bit longer.

Fast forward a bit more, and one day I'm disassembling my dashboard and notice that leftmost connector going into my airbag module has two severed wires. This is where I believe I might've made a fatal error. In order to get a better look at the damage, I unplugged the connector, and unfortunately I did not disconnect the battery first. At the time, nothing seemed to have gone wrong, but once I had everything put back together, I noticed that the SRS light is no longer coming on at all. I'm worried I might've shorted something, as now I've recently replaced the entire connector and the light is still not coming on.

Right now I'm thinking it could possibly be an issue with the airbag module, or that somehow the SRS light itself burned out. Would using an advanced scan tool be able to help narrow down the fault? I have somebody who can get me access to one, and as far as I've been able to tell, all my connectors are good. Is there also any way to test out the SRS light itself? I'd much rather replace the instrument cluster than the airbag module. Thanks in advanced for any help!