Hey guys, if any of you remember, I made a post a while ago about 3S-GTE swapping my ST204. Since then I have discovered that the 3S-GE BEAMS redtop engine may be a better fit for my goals. Here's why:

1. Super easy. The 3S-GE comes in the Japanese Celica SSIII which is essentially just a differently badged GT-S from what I understand, meaning that the swap would be almost seamless with very little custom work needed (I think there's like 2 wires I'd need to cut)
  2. It's a high-revving NA engine. Some may see this as a con, and I personally think a boosted celica would be an absolute riot, but with my budget I think trying to maintain an engine like that would be a lot more difficult.
  3. ~200 HP out of the box. I think that is the perfect number for my celica. Running the modest 5S-FE (135ish HP), I can feel she wants more power. However, I feel like the 256 HP 3S-GTE would be a bit much (torque steer and wheel spin, y'know?)
  4. Transmission. Unlike the 3S-GTE that just happens to be compatible with my transmission (S54 I think?), the 3S-GE actually came with that transmission in the SSIII's. Plus, a lot of the time they're sold with the transmission, which happens to have a LSD.
  5. Fitment. Whenever I see pictures of a 3S-GTE swapped celica, it always looks crammed in there, with fuse boxes and other modules all pushed to the side. BEAMS swaps, however, tend to look a lot cleaner in my opinion.

I've also noticed that there's a lot less documentation on this swap as compared to the 3S-GTE, so if anyone has any info pertaining to this swap I'd love to see it. Otherwise, I'd love to know what you guys think of the 3S-GE BEAMS swap idea.

submitted by /u/Upset-Reality-7537
[link] [comments]

Source: r/Celica