Hey guys,
I drive a 6th gen gts 6spd and I took it into a shop like a week ago. It's kind of a long story so bear with me. I'm trying to see if anyone else has had the same problem and what they did to fix it.
So about 3/4 months ago I replaced my fuel pump and it was an easy fix. Nothing wrong with it up till about 3 weeks ago my car wouldn't turn over. So I thought maybe it was my injectors. I took it to a shop about a week and half ago and they misdiagnosed it or they're lying to me...
1st. They told me my fuel pump just fell out into my tank. I don't understand how the fuel pump itself could've fallen out of the filter into the tank as it's not damaged and you have to have all the prongs in unison to take it apart, even then you have it connected to a wire that keeps it snug on there.
2nd. My relay was fried.
3rd. I called them everyday till they answered and they told me this...
My old fuel pump still works but they replaced it and don't want to go through the process to put it back in, but my old fuel pump is also shorted? My old relay may still work, ( I also have a relay in my glovebox that I can replace it with so I don't believe either way I need a new relay). Finally they told me about a wire under my console was melted/fried/burnt and they have to bypass it with a extended wire? I'm not 100% sure what they meant by that and what exact wire they're talking about besides the harness. They also mentioned that when they were doing research it's a common problem of that wire to be burnt/melted whatever by the vibrations of my transmission. I tried looking up exactly what they told me and I cannot find anything. Maybe it's the wrong usage of words but that is what they told me.
If someone has had this issue can you maybe help me understand what's going on.
If I need to worry about that bypass wire they're installing as they're keeping that burnt/melted/fried one in still, (aka if I should take it to a performance shop to get it actually replaced).
Or if something else is missing or being misinterpreted.
please please let me know as they haven't been giving me a lot of info and I should've gotten my car back like 5 days ago. I'm afraid something else might've happened and they're not being 100% honest with me or if this is a common problem with the 6th gen gts 6spd celicas.